University Risk Management and Insurance Association, Inc has developed the next generation of higher education risk managers through its URMIA Student Educational Scholarships. To apply, the applicant must be a full-time student seeking a degree at a four-year institution of higher education in the U.S.A. as a rising junior, senior or masters/doctoral candidate. The Fund awards scholarships to students pursuing careers in risk management, with a preference given for students signifying a burning desire to enter a career in higher education risk management.
Scholarship Provider: The University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the progression and unending education of risk managers from institutions of higher education.
- Award Amount: $7,500
- Closing Date: March 15th, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Unknown
All Scholarship applicants MUST be:
- Full-time degree-seeking students (in good standing) attending a U.S. four year higher educational institutions (in the fall), majoring in a risk management or related field.
- College students currently enrolled in two-year community colleges who will continue their education as juniors at a four-year institution in the fall also are qualified to apply.
- No immediate family members of URMIA board members, officers, employees, scholarship donor or of the scholarship committee can apply.
- Academic achievement, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, documented by means of transcripts.
- Community/extracurricular involvement demonstrating leadership skills.
- Work history or volunteer history, if possible in a risk management field.
- Commitment to attending and participating in URMIA’s national conference (September 30, 2018, to October 3, 2018).
NOTE: All applicants are to send their application and additional documents at URMIA ATTN: Scholarship Selection Committee PO Box 1027 Bloomington IN 47402.
SEE ALSO: UNICAF MASTERS DEGREE SCHOLARSHIP 2018
Supporting Documents Includes:
- Scholarship application, attesting to the accuracy of information and commitment to attending and participating in the National Conference.
- Unofficial transcripts.
- Letter(s) of reference, up to two.
- Conflict of Interest Form.
- Educational Institution Acceptance form from the institution’s representative (i.e. administrator, program director, faculty member).
- Student one-page essay that outlines interest in risk management field, career goals and objectives.
- Optional statements outlining additional financial costs while attending college or university and/or additional information that applicant would like to communicate to the scholarship committee.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT: URMIA funds three scholarship awards at $2,500 each to be applicable for an annual academic year, divided equally between the recipient’s semesters, terms or quarters.
CONTACT INFO: For any additional questions regarding the submission process shall be directed to the URMIA National Office at 812-727-7130.